TASTES LIKE: BITTER QUININE, ORANGE MARMALADE AND RIPE CHERRIES.
A bitter backbone combines with blood orange in this delightful alcohol-free aperitif, reminiscent of Italian Amaro Campari (though not quite as bitter). In addition to quinine (the same ingredient in tonic water), it also includes bitter African Wormwood. Fans of Campari & Sodas and Negronis will love it.
- UK Spirits Business Low and No Masters 2021: Gold
- San Francisco World Spirits Competition 2021: Silver
YOU'LL LOVE THIS IF YOU ENJOY:
- Orange marmalade
- Tonic water
HOW TO SERVE:
- Top with tonic water or club soda and garnish with an orange twist
- Combine with sparkling wine for a low- or no-alcohol Spritz
- Combine 2 parts Aperitif with 1 part Abstinence Cape Citrus for a bitter Negroni alternative
Inspired by the South African Cape Floral Kingdom - the smallest yet most diverse floral kingdom in the world - Abstinence combines local botanicals like African Wormwood, Buchu, Fynbos and more into their aperitifs and spirits. They also pursues a “Bees and Biomes” social responsibility project by contributing 1% of monthly sales to protect and restore the Fynbos Biome that is critical to the biodiversity of the Cape Floral Kingdom.
Water, inverted cane sugar, distilled botanicals (African Wormwood, Cinchona Bark, All Spice, Clove, Blood Orange, Spice Distillate), natural flavoring, quinine, citric acid, carmoisine E122, preservatives: potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate.
Contains 0.0% alcohol by volume.
Contains 44.5 calories, 11 g sugar, 11 g carbohydrate per 50ml serving.
One 750ml bottle