A delightful non-alcoholic strawberry-bourbon buck created by San Diego bartender Erick Castro of Polite Provisions.
- 2 oz (1/4 cup) Spiritless Kentucky 74 non-alcoholic bourbon
- 3/4 oz (1 tbs + 1.5 tsp) Liber & Co. Fiery Ginger Syrup
- 3/4 oz (1 tbs + 1.5 tsp) fresh lemon juice
- 2 dashes All The Bitter Aromatic Bitters
- 2 strawberries, hulled and cut into quarters, plus another strawberry to garnish
- club soda
Muddle the cut strawberries and ginger syrup in a shaker, add bourbon, bitters and lemon juice and shake 5 seconds to chill. Double strain into a tall glass filled with ice and top with club soda. Garnish with a fresh strawberry.
- Use 1/2 oz simple syrup and top with ginger beer or ginger ale instead of using the ginger syrup and club soda
- Go "halfsies" with 1 oz each non-alc and alcoholic bourbon