This zero-proof cocktail hits two sides of your taste buds. The whiskey alternative and the simple syrup provide the sweetness, which plays off the citric tang of the lemon juice. The egg white gives the whole thing body and foam, ensuring that you get a non-alcoholic, but authentic take on the classic whiskey sour.
And if that raw egg white throws you, no problem. You can avoid it (and make this mocktail a different kind of magical) by substituting one ounce of chickpea juice--also known as aquafaba. Really. Cheers!
- 2 oz (1/4 cup) of either Spiritless Kentucky 74 non-alcoholic bourbon or Ritual Zero Proof non-alcoholic whiskey
- 3/4 oz (1 tbs + 1.5 tsp) lemon juice
- 3/4 oz (1 tbs + 1.5 tsp) simple syrup
- 2 dashes All The Bitter Aromatic Bitters
- Egg white or 1 oz (2 tbs) aquafaba (optional)
- Lemon twist garnish
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker with ice and shake 5 seconds to chill. If using egg white or aquafaba, first shake withOUT ice for ~30 seconds to emulsify, then add ice and shake again to chill. Strain into a coupe or rocks glass with a large ice cube. Garnish with a lemon twist.
- Use 3/4 oz (1 tbs + 1.5 tsp) Liber & Co. Fiery Ginger Syrup instead of plain simple syrup for a kick of spice!
- Or go "halfsies" with 1 oz each non-alc and alcoholic bourbon