This NA mulled “spiked” cider is perfect for cold weather season. Using Ritual Zero Proof Rum Alternative, you get just the right amount of citrus and spice.
- 4 oz (1/2 cups) mulled cider
- 2 oz (1/4 cups) Ritual Zero Proof Rum Alternative
- 1 tsp. whole cloves
- 1 tsp. whole allspice
- 1 orange
- First, crush two cinnamon sticks
- Cut a square piece of cheesecloth and add your crushed cinnamon sticks and the peel of one whole orange (avoiding the bitter white pith). Add 1 tsp. whole cloves and 1 tsp. allspice.
- Now fold your cheesecloth filled with mulling spices and tie the ends tightly together with a string.
- Heat 4 cups of apple juice in a pot until steaming, do not boil.
- Add 1 cup of Ritual Zero Proof Rum Alternative and mulling spices.
- Reduce heat once steaming and let spices steep for 30 mins or up to 4 hours.
- Finally, serve in your favorite mug and enjoy the warm, cozy alcohol-free goodness of this fall staple.
Optional: Top with freshly grated nutmeg and/or cinnamon to garnish.