Tommy's Margarita, from the eponymous taqueria and tequileria in San Francisco, was created by Julio Bermejo and substitutes agave syrup for the traditional Cointreau.
The Ritual Zero Proof non-alcoholic tequila has nice fresh agave flavors, similar to a Blanco tequila, with a spicy kick.
- 2 oz / 1/4 cup Ritual Zero Proof Tequila
- 1 oz / 2 tbs fresh lime juice
- 1/2 oz / 1 tbs agave syrup
Combine all ingredients in a shaking tin or mason jar with ice and shake briefly to chill. Strain into a rocks glass over fresh ice and garnish with a lime wheel. Alternatively, serve without ice in a Margarita glass.
- Go halfsies with 1 oz alcoholic and 1 oz non-alcoholic tequila
- Add 5 droppers of All The Bitter orange bitters for an herbal-orange twist
To do a salt rim, first pour some coarse sea salt into a saucer. Using a lime wedge, wet the rim of the glass, then dip into the salt and shake off any excess. You can also use flavored salt or add spices or dried grated lime peel to the mixture.